Core values and behaviours Part 2
Heres the top 7 values and behaviours examples
(with some sub division under commitment.)
1. Accountability – Acknowledging and assuming responsibility for actions, products, decisions, and policies.
2. Balance – Taking a proactive stand to create and maintain a healthy work-life balance for workers.
3. Commitment – Committing to great product, service, and other initiatives that impact lives within and outside the organisation.
- A commitment to innovation and excellence. Apple Computer is perhaps best known for having a commitment to innovation as a core value. This is embodied by their “Think Different” motto.
- A commitment to doing good for the whole. Google, for example, believes in making a great search engine and building a great company without being evil.
- A commitment to helping those less fortunate. TOMS shoe company gives away a pair of shoes to a needy person for every pair it sells in an effort to alleviate poverty and make life better for others.
- A commitment to building strong communities. Shell oil company donates millions of dollars to the University of Texas to improve student education and to match employee charitable donations.
4. Community –Contributing to society and demonstrating corporate social responsibility.
5. Diversity – respecting the diversity and ensuring equality of opportunity
6. Empowerment – Encouraging employees to take initiative and give the best. Adopting an error-embracing environment to empower employees to lead and make decisions.
7. Safety – ensuring the health and safety of employees and service users and going beyond the legal requirements to provide a safe workplace.
be better and behave socially
As you can see from these examples, I believe your active commitments to be better and behave socially and constructively going forward are the most important part of your values. As do many large and small organisations.
Often these social values are forgotten, especially by organisations that have as their work a social, or welfare aim. E.g So you may care for elderly people but for your values and behaviours what’s your commitment to care for the community in which you are based, or how do you care for your staff?